Sunday, November 23, 2008

Little Christmas Survey

Little Christmas Survey
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Missa- Eww! to egg nog! Definately hot cocoa with marshmellows; Kevin-Hot cocoa!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He usually does but this year Santa is just doing nice notes:)

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? We don't have a tree but I love lights so our porch will definately be lit!

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No- but maybe if we find some I will

5. When do you put up your decorations? Definately either Turkeyday or the next day!!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Missa- Robin's smoked turkey!! Yummy!! Kevin- All of it:)

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?Missa- waking up early and sneaking in the living room to see what Santa brought (we were supposed to wait until my parents woke up!) Kevin- playing with my new toys

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Missa- I found the letters and pictures that I made for Santa in my mom's closet! Kevin- Christmas Eve my dad broke the news

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Missa- I always opened my Aunt Vickie's gift (character PJs); Kevin-Yes!! matching family PJs.

10. What's your fave stocking stuffer? Missa- Santa would always bring gum and I love gum!!!
Kevin- all I can remember my mom putting in them is after shave and deoderant.

11.How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Candy canes; colorful bulbs and whatever matches- I hit disorganization, even on the tree!

12. Can you ice skate? Yes, we ice skated the first time we hung out and my pants ripped!!!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Missa- Kevin "made" vases for me last X-Mas and they are gorgeous! Kevin- Tools!

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with my family- Kevin!!!

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Missa- I don't think i have a favorite- growing up my mom cooked huge homemade meals all the time so Xmas and Turkeyday are just another meal but more fun cuz all the family would get together! Kevin-"What's a holiday dessert?"

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Missa- Getting together with my family every Christmas Eve, except for this one; Kevin- picking out a christmas tree

17. What tops your tree? Last year it was a snowflake that Kirsten and Torben picked!!! Well, with my help- I gave them things to choose from

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Missa- Giving- I love shopping; Kevin- giving!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Missa- Santa Baby; Kevin- I saw momma kissing Santa Claus

20. Candy Canes? Missa- YES!!! my fave are the old fashioned candy canes/ peppermint; Kevin- NOPE!

21. Do you feel Christmas is too commercialized? Missa- Umm, No! It just depends on how it is being taught!! I think it's a perfect time to teach young children!! Kevin- No. There is not enough gifts!

3 comments:

Ike and Linh Earl said...

hey melissa! I dont work at sparks anymore!! I stopped working last week! it was just too crazy for me so i was over it fast! but i just work at the mall still its great! how are you doing? how are the children you work with? hope all is good, have a great thanksgiving!! : )

Chiemi said...

This was totally cute! I am dying over the ice skating one. I can't believe your pants ripped! That is so funny, yet horrifying at the same time.

Gretchen Willmore said...

So cute Melissa! I love how you did this! Is it ok if I copy it and do it too? I don't want to be a copy cat but its like the perfect christmas survey! Your answers are so cute!