Sunday, March 21, 2010

23 weeks

I know I have been soo bad at blogging!! Sorry! But here is a prego update. Things have gotten better. I havent had any contractions since Monday!!! YAY!! and I have been able to do small things like I walked to Kevin's school to eat lunch with him, did a lil laundry, sewed a lil bit, and just stuff around the home! Yesterday night wasnt so hot though! I feel like my side muscles are tearing apart!! She is definately growing and thats not very fun to feel! When I bend over to pick things up I can barely breathe. I think she squishes up into my lungs! And the achy back and feet have started which makes my nights super uncomfy:) But I love being able to feel her kick and to just sit and watch my tummy move! Its fun seeing her little who knows what poking out! :) She's pretty active allllll the time!! I dont know how much weight ive gained, nor do I want to know!! lol but I dont feel like Ive gained too much! I think I am on track and I try not to eat too too much:) but am definately eating alot more than I used to! I always wanted to wear a bakinni with a prego belly but the other day I tried on bathing suits and now dont want to be anywhere near one, even though I know when we go home Ill break.

(I feel like my tummy is huge!! lol... Kevin was looking at it the other day and asked if having a belly feels weird... lol... It doesnt.. to me it feels the same until I look/touch it!)

I am soooooooooo excited to have this little girl but feel overwhelmed at the same time. I will be home with her for the most part and the responsibility that comes with that makes me soo... ummm... anxious? I am not nervous about the physical things like waking up with her, feeding, changing, comforting her when she cries, I just feel such a responsibility to teach her about our Heavenly Father and why we are here that I sometimes feel like going nuts just thinking about how I am going to do that. I know we played the parent role for a year with Kirsten and Torben, but they were 3 and 5... I feel like I can do the 3 and 5 yr old thing... but our baby is going to be brand new! I just dont know where to start. SOOO nerve racking! I just hope that we can help her learn how to make good decisions and that shell know that we will be there for her through anything and everything!!:)

Moving on... I am sooooo proud of myself!! I have not bought anything for the baby yet!!! :) I totally thought that i would go nuts buying stuff as soon as we found out what we were having. But everytime I go the store to pick something out I cant bring myself to buy it. Maybe its cuz I know with Kevin's schooling come alot of expenses. But Kevin's sister has been so nice and is letting us use some of her baby things!!! :) So that i think helps me to not buy anything as well. But i have alot of material that I got for free so I decided to make a few things...
Nothing grand I know, but for me its an accomplishment:)So I am gunna start simple! I am going to make her skirts and other easy things because I am not great at sewing!! :) and a friend is going to show me how to crochet the cutest hats with crochet flowers!! Im soo excited!!!

Kevin is doing sooooo good in school... I am soo proud of how hard he works!! He even got a scholarship which is such a blessing! And he totally isnt doing it for himself! I know that there are other things hed rather be doing but he still continues to put himself last!!! :) He is the most amazing person whom I love sooooooooooooo much! He is gunna be such an amazing dad!!!

2 comments:

The Dwelley's said...

Love your belly and Love your hubby. He is going to be a great dad. He is a good uncle so I know as dad he will be amazing :) As for you and the mother roll. You will do great. The baby stage is much easier than 3 and 5 :)

Jason and Candace said...

Your belly is so adorable and little, did you see katrinas.
Look at her pictures of her belly and it will make you feel really small. I love your belly!