Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sqaw Peak- Labor day!

So Labor day we decided to hike up to Sqaw Peak. Kevin was going to originally ask me to marry him at the peak butI got too anxious along the way and wanted to stop. (I knew he was proposing:)). So Labor Day we did it, we actually climbed to the very top. Ok so we saw a dad with his three sons. He told us that there wasnt a trail from where we were and said that you get there by going down this huge mountain. So we did the smart thing and listened to a stranger. I should have none it was a bad idea when his son started to whine and tell his dad that he didnt think it was a good thing to do. We all should have listened to the little boy. HAHA So we headed down a mountain full of bushes and shrubbs. Literally there was soo much. And it was soo steep. We got soo scraped up trying to get through it:) but it was soo fun.It was probably 4 miles there! (because we didnt stick to the trail!) I probably wouldnt do it again but im glad I can say that I did it!
We made it to the top! All in all it took us from 11am-545 pm!
It was soo steep! Every time Kevin got to the edge my heart and stomach would drop!
But it was soo pretty!! I loved it!!!

(I know I look sooo gross but hiking through weeds does that to ya) If my feet didnt hurt soo bad I would totally do it again!!
Kev found this frog for me. I totaly thought it was a lizard but it jumps!!! I freaked out the first time it jumped outta my hands... but yea it runs too! Crazy!
P.S. On our way back I saw and heard something to my immediate right! I looked down saw a sanke and ran for literally 100 feet! Kevin, being Kevin wanted to check it out! Turns out it was a rattle snake that was about 4 ft long and way thick. I think Kev started making it mad cuz it started coiling up and shaking it rattle. Kev kinda jumped and ran towards me:)

2 comments:

Chiemi said...

Whoa! That is quite a hike, but the view is beautiful. Ugh, if I had seen a snake I would have ran too.

Wendy n' Ron said...

that looks fun!