Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Introducing our little girl...



Indee Rae was born on July 23 at about 320ish am- 8 lbs 5 ounces- 20 1/2 inches long :) So she was definately a bigger one:) I was afraid the newborn clothes wouldnt fit but they do:) which is good because she has soooooooo many cute outfits:)

So heres the story....

My water started to break a week ago and we went to the hospital, but because it was a tiny tear they couldnt detect amniotic fluid, so they sent us home. We went back tot he drs a couple days later for the same thing. Again, the same thing. That night it got a little bit worse so we went into Labor and Delivery as soon as we woke up the next morning. They said it wasnt looking and sounding normal so they decided to keep me and that to make sure everything is ok they were going to deliver her within 24 hours. I was only at a 1 1/2 (disheartening) so they started to give me pills to try to get things started before giving me pitocin. On the third dose they checked me and I was only at a 2 1/2. More disheartening because I was in a lot of pain. So they gave me pain meds through the iv. It helped for a little bit but then my contractions shot WAAAAAYY up. So I got the epidural (I dont know why I was ever not going to). They checked me an hour after the epidural and I was at a 6. Then a half hour later I was at a 10. The nurse asked If i wasnted to start pushing. It all happened so much wuicker than I thought. I freaked out and and told them I would like to wait. So they came back 45 min later and we started. She was born at about 320 am healthy. She wasnt crying. So they kept trying to make her cry and after a few minutes they gave up :) She has jaundice and has had to keep getting blood tests. SOOOO sad. I cried more than she did. We go to the drs today to see if she needs to be put under the lights. (Sry for the grammer and spelling mistakes... Im not going back and corresting anything)

Here she is.....



14 comments:

J + A said...

She is absolutely beautiful!!

Brianna said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! Glad everything turned out well, and I hope she doesn't have to be under the lights too much. Getting those shots is never fun - always much harder on mommy than on baby.

Chiemi said...

Congrats you two! She is beautiful!

Alisha Johnson said...

Ah, what a sweetheart! She is absolutely beautiful... I just love her name! I'm glad that you both are healthy, hope you're feeling well. Please please let me know if there's anything I can do for you guys!!! Can't wait to see you and little Indee...

Unknown said...

She is so cute! I am glad that everything went well. Sophia wore that same brown and pink outfit when she was born!

Krewson Family said...

seriously she is beautiful! congrats!!! Glad Kevin's family is there to help out but if you need ANYTHING, let me know :) or I will just stop by Sunday after your mother-in-law leaves.

Kenny & Brittany said...

She is GORGEOUS!!!! Congratulations... motherhood is the best! Have tons of fun!

Denise & Ryan said...

She is very cute can't wait to meet her in a few weeks.

Stephen John McCuen said...

YAY! Congratulations! Let me know if you need anything. She is so beautiful!

K and A Edgeworth said...

Indee is beautiful! And such a beautiful name! Congratulations! Girls are so much fun! Hope everything is going well!

Amy Rex said...

Congratulations Missa & Kevin! She is So stinkin cute! You guys are going to be wonderful parents!

Sara W said...

She's sooo cute!! I want to meet her! Inge had jaundice and had to be under lights for a day. Not fun, but it passed quickly. Hope you are doing well!
Love,
Sara

Jason and Candace said...

Awwww...she looks adorable!! Glad everyones healthy!!! Keep putting up more pics, we want to see!!! Congratulations!!

Mercedes said...

Oh Congrats!!! I'm so happy everything went so well and you are both doing great. I'm a little jealous Devin has already seen her!! But that's okay, the pictures are adorable. She's an angel. Kevin says you have family in town this week so you're doing great, but if you need ANYTHING next week or whenever please let me know! I'd LOVE to help! Even if it's just holding little Indee for a while :D