Thursday, February 2, 2012

Our Son

Our baby boy was born at 12:27 am on Feb 1 2012. He weighed in at 7 lbs and 6 oz; 18 1/2 inched long.

The story...

I had been contracting pretty strongly since Thursday and it hadnt been very fun. I went into the dr.s on Jan 31st and they tried to strip my membranes but said there was nothing to strip because I was so ready to have the baby. I was at a good 4cm and 80% effaced. Then a coupkle of hours after I got home from the dr.s I started getting 0pretty painful contractions! So I called my sister, who came straight over from the gym and called Kevin. KEvin rushed home and we left to the hospital.

My contractions were showing that they were between 1-2 minutes apart but after an hour I was still at a four. The nurse said she would like to wait another hour and see if I would dialate more and after an hour I didnt. I talked to the dr and he said because I was barely 38 weeks along its against hospital policy to induce. I immediately started to cry and asked if there was ANYTHING I could do to get induced. Finally i talked them into it. All within a half hour they started me on pitocin, gave me an epidural, and broke my water. An hour later I was ready to push and 20 minutes after that Krewson William was born.

I saw that the dr was kind of getting a little frantic when Krewson was coming out. The dr and Kevin were still great in keeping it cool though so that I wouldn't freak out. I had no idea there was even a problem until I saw Krewson's little blue and purple body being handed off to nurses. His cord was too tight around his neck and the dr had to cute the cord. It was too tight to pull off. After about 15 minutes they got his color back and gave him to Kevin and then me!! :)

Because I was really feeling great Kevin was then off to school at 530 am. and came back in the afternoon to spend time with us:)

Before they gave me any meds...

Getting Krew to breath. They had one nurse checking his vitals and another rough housing him to get him to cry and breath.

7.6 lbs and 18 inches

Kevin holding Krew!!!
They give them the shots and a bath in the same room. I really didnt like that! It makes me sad when they cry from discomfort and adding that to just having a baby wasnt very fun. But every time Krew cried, Kevin would put his hand on him and he would quiet down so quickly. It was really awesome to watch:)



His first photo shoot:)

3 comments:

Alisha Johnson said...

What a little stud! I love his name... Glad everything went well and that you are both healthy! :)

The Dwelley's said...

Yeah!!!! I am so glad he is here. Can't wait to meet him.

Tiffany J said...

Exciting News! Love the name!! Now you have the best of both worlds...girl AND boy! How fun!