Sunday, May 8, 2011

My new Hobby

Kevin was amazing and got me an amazing present for Mother's day.... Well it was from Indee but we all know who picked it out!! So my favorite channel is the cooking network and I love the shows Cupcake Wars and The Last Cake Standing!! I could sit there and watch it for hours if I had time!!! But I never go to the cake decorating part of stores because I dont want to tempt myself to spend money!!! But Kev knows how much I want to be able to do amazing cakes and cupcakes so he did the shopping for me! He got me everything I needed to start: a cake stand, an icing spatula, frosting tips, couplers, fondant rollers, books and lots more... So he gave me the presents yesterday.
He gave me the cake and cupcake books and then said something like
"I didnt know you had cake decorating things under the bed"
Me- "we dont.. thats just the holiday decorations."
Kev- "no Im pretty sure it was cake decoriting things- just go look", Then he went to practice chipping at the golf course. I didnt go look because I knew I had no cake decorating things under the bed! but I was straightening up our room and looking to see if empty water bottles had fallen under the bed... and thats when I saw everything!! :)

I am actually soo excited about how it turned out!


It is homemade white Fondant....(Missa's husband would like to point out that this is her very first cake. She made the flowers and fondant from scratch!!!)

With homemade/handmade blue gum paste flowers...

And buttercream decorative trim...

8 comments:

The Dwelley's said...

ya you need to live closer so you can make birthday cakes for me :) you did a great job.

The Dwelley's said...

What a beautiful job, Missa. And I agree with Danielle we could use your skills here. Happy 1st Mother's Day. Many more will be coming.

Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh! You are really good already!!!

Stephen John McCuen said...

That's SO amazing! I love watching those shows too but I would never dare try to do it myself! You might have to teach me!

Jason and Candace said...

Wow...,,it looks great!!! Is it ur first time??? It looks professional

Kevin and Missa said...

Yes, this was Missa's very first cake!!! I thought she did a great job too!!

Mercedes said...

That's SO pretty! You are very creative, I love the colors and I cannot believe you did the flowers!! That's amazing! I'm excited to see what you come up with as you do more!

Chiemi said...

DANG!! That is an amazing first cake!